Digestion Boards | IBS, Reflux, Gallbladder Discussions Sour foods that cause heartburn
    Thanks

Default Sour foods that cause heartburn

Orange juice and other citrus can cause heartburn as experienced by my husband. Last Wednesday, he had difficulty breathing while driving. He pulled over because he thought it might be another thing. After taking antacid, his breather loosened and obviously it was heartburn. He had orange juice for breakfast so that was clearly the culprit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    DigeestionBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Thankfully I only experienced heartburn when I was pregnant. I don't know if that was as a result of foods I was eating when pregnant or just a consequence of pregnancy itself.

I'll have to remember that about citrus though.

Thanks

I have never experienced heartburn after eating fruits. I do eat fruits to relieve the heartburn. Fermented milk do cause heartburn and I am sometimes forced to avoid it. If I have taken some then I do drink a lot of water. Other foods that cause heartburn include foods rich in proteins like beans and foods rich in carbohydrates like potatoes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    DigestionBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

I never knew orange juice could cause heartburn. I drink it everyday in the morning. I'll definitely keep this in mind though.

Thanks

Hey,

This is something very new I came to know. I thought they are good for health.