Digestion Boards | IBS, Reflux, Gallbladder Discussions Deep Fried Foods
    Thanks

Default Deep Fried Foods

The fall season is approaching and that means that our state fair will be headed our way in October. Now at the fair there will be lots of fattening treats that will make you so hungry that you will want to try them all. Of course there is this crazy trend of deep frying everything in sites. Twinkies, snickers, cheese cake, pickles and ice cream.

Have you ever ate any of these deep fried "treats"?

In my 30's I did try a deep fried snickers bar. I was very unimpressed and threw it away after the first bite. I just don't understand why someone would want to eat so much grease.

What is your feelings on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    DigeestionBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

I have never tried that kind of treats before, but I have heard about them. I've seen pictures of them and they look so gross to me to be honest. I don't understand how people can eat something as disgusting as a deep fried butter stick... just gross. Just to think about that makes me feel so nauseous!

Thanks

I avoid deep-fried foods. Like you said, way too much grease. It can't be good for your health and it doesn't taste good (to me) anyway. I have heard of fried ice cream and I wonder who came up with that and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    deep fried butter stick
    Just hearing (reading) that makes me feel ill lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    DigestionBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

I actually like fried food as a treat, but I don't often indulge unless I am sharing with someone. I usually have some fried dough or something like a side of fries. The smell can be inviting though at times and enough.

Thanks

Oh gawd, no lol. I couldn't. At this point, if you give me absolutely anything that's been fried and all I taste is oil. Like the oil has taken over every molecule of what the food once was and I'm just eating solid oil lol.. but give me something super fried like that and I'll likely bring it back up.

Thanks

You can eat deep fried foods. You just need to make sure that the oil that is being used is not TRANS FAT. Always ask what the vendors are using for cooking. Coconut oil, olive oil, and beef tallow. Why would you eat a deep friend Snickers?