Digestion Boards | IBS, Reflux, Gallbladder Discussions Our Liver is Important
    Thanks

Default Our Liver is Important

Our livers are responsible for up to five hundred functions. The liver detoxifies the body by ridding it of harmful substances and produces biochemical substances that are necessary for proper food digestion. It is also responsible for processing medications and alcohol and other chemicals and toxins and removes them from the body.

Here is a picture of a healthy liver and what it looks like when it is ruined.

Don’t-ruin-your-liver-with-harmful-habits-360x151.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    DigeestionBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Thanks for the interesting info, Shelly Ann. I have heard about the importance of the liver before, sadly my grandma died of cancer when I was a teen, she had liver cancer. Oddly enough one of her nieces also has liver cancer, they told my mom also her liver was weak when she was growing up. When I get pain in the right side of my body I always think of the liver D:

Thanks

That is disgusting to see. Can't believe how humans in general can do to their bodies. I see healthy livers all the time when it comes to hunting, but I have to say humans are bad self inflicting creatures. We do anything to satisfy our cravings at the cost of our bodies and health.

5. Remove Advertisements
    DigestionBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Thanks for the important info still many people won't understand why liver is important.